The Architectural Review is seeking the world’s most exciting dwellings. Looking for projects built in the last five years, AR House celebrates creativity and innovation, ideas that push the type forward whatever the scale and construction cost. The judges’ chosen schemes will all be visited by an independent critic and photographer before a decision is made on the winner. Founded in 1896, The Architectural Review has been engaging with the wider social, political and cultural context – enter today and be part of this ongoing story.
- All shortlisted projects will be featured in The Architectural Review magazine in the July/August issue
- All entries will be reviewed by the expert international judging panel which will choose a shortlist of up to five projects
- All shortlisted projects will be promoted on the AR website, emails and via social media to its more than a million readers worldwide
- All commended projects will be visited by an independent critic before the winner is selected by the judges
- All commended projects will be published in the magazine with significant coverage including an independent critique
- A photo of the winning project will be published on the front of the July/August issue of the Architectural Review
Enter your projects using our simple registration. All projects must have been built in the last 5 years, there are no budget or location restrictions.
- Register on the enter page and enter your contact and project details.
- Provide us with 250 words of explanatory text describing the project.
- Upload your 2 entry boards to your online entry - these should include images and explanatory text and will be used for judging so are the main part of your entry.
- We will require the artwork for each board as a PDF file containing compressed images, drawings and vectorised text. Files should not exceed 12Mb in size and do not require trim lines or bleed. Projects will be printed on two A2 sized boards.
- To ensure anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the board. When you register your details online, you will be given a reference number. PLEASE ENSURE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER IS PROVIDED WHEN UPLOADING YOUR BOARDS VIA THE ENTRY FORM. Only after the Jury has made its decision will the identity of the winners be revealed.
- Boards should include at least ONE PLAN and ONE SECTION of the project as well as images and a short explanatory text.
- Submit your entries by the entry deadline. You can start and save your entry to come back to at any point before the entry deadline.
Use of images of promotional material:
The Architectural Review also reserves the right to make use of images of winning projects (both in print and digital media) for promotional material and editorial use in connection with the Award. For instance, this might include publicising an exhibition (of winning entries), a lecture series (featuring the winning architects), or promoting the award itself. Use of material in this capacity either in whole or part will not attract payment of copyright. Where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be credited.
Early bird rate entry deadline: Friday 09 March 2018 (£325)
Final entry deadline: Friday 06 April 2018 (£375)
Payment via invoice is only available up to 5 weeks before the entry deadline, after this time entries must be paid by credit card. The credit card option is available throughout the whole entry campaign.